Thursday, June 3, 2010


I did my first dive in 1975. Several years later I got tired of looking at fish and decided to hang up my fins.

In 2005 I had the chance to go to Florida and do some recovery work down there. I enjoyed it so much I started a company named Deep Blue Marine Inc. Deep Blue has brought the joy and pleasure of diving back into my life.

Today I work in the Dominican Republic as a recovery diver on ship wrecks that date all the way back to the time of Christopher Columbus. For the last two years I worked on a wreck named Le Scipion. She was a French ship that fought for America in the revolutionary war. She sank October 18th 1782 as she was trying to anchor in Samana Bay. She had just come through a 34 hour running gun battle with three English ships. Le Scipion was a 74 gun class ship, she had fought off the London 98 guns, the Torbay 88 guns and the Badger 44 guns. During that battle 15 men on her decks were killed and 46 wounded. (Those are numbers I remeber, but I could be wrong)

I have tried to include some photos of recovered artifacts. Being new at this I may mess it up.

Hope you enjoy this. We have recovered several hundred different artifacts, the vast majority of which are going on display in our very own museum in the City od Samana Dominican Republic.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm excited to read more and see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my husband, always out for an adventure. I am so proud of his accomplishments and that he lives his dream every day.

    ReplyDelete